Coaching Philosophy Our coaching style and leadership values are summed up using quotes
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” -Benjamin Franklin
- Helping children realize they can accomplish anything in life with a desire to learn
- If we teach them positive lessons, through sports, such as playing by the rules, our young athletes will learn to live by the rules
- We believe the cheerleaders are daughters/sons first, students second and athletes third.
- We prepare youngsters to face the future by developing themselves through honesty, responsibility, self-discipline, positive aspirations, and academic preparedness.
- We believe in developing leaders
“A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” -Father James Keller
- Commitment to being kind to others
- We congratulate each other and celebrate success because we are equal and as a team we can accomplish more.
- Lead by example: be a great role model
- Teamwork: if someone’s flame is shining bright that doesn’t mean you’re flame is dimmer
- Decisions will be based on what is good for the individual as well as what is good for the squad, the cheer program and Utah Velocity Cheer Programs
- Uphold and promote team spirit and respect for your school and peers
- Support good relations in the community
“What would you intend to do if you knew you could not fail?” -Unknown
- Discipline to work hard and go for what they believe in
- It’s not always about winning. It’s also about learning how to lose, preparing for life’s challenges ahead, growing from and learning from the overall experience through the sport of Cheerleading.
- We believe in interscholastic sports being a learning vehicle for youth
- Build confidence through seeing something til completion and knowing you can do it
Another great defining quote and what defines our style of coaching is:
“Nothing was ever accomplished without enthusiasm.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If it’s worth doing, do it with enthusiasm. Give it your all every single time
- We believe in fitness being fun. Fitness is not a punishment